Sunday, 1 August 2010

Timeless Teddies

Just finished this card which was more of an experiment which kind of worked.

The image is from Nana Vic's called Timeless Bears which you can purchase Here
I printed the image onto Colortec paper and wanted to have another go at watercolouring  using printed images so I left the image for three days to make sure really dry. I used Tea Dye Distress inks on the male teddy and Antique Linen on the female. the rest of the images were coloured with Stargazers Watercolour Palette, which has a lovely sparkle to it and I totally forget about unless the grandson comes to play, cos he just loves painting with it.

I used my oval nesties and then triples embossed the image which kinda took away a lot of the colour and also made the Stargazers paint run a bit :-( But I quite liked the effect so carried on regardless. I distressed the matting ovals with Vintage Photo and embossed them too. The sentiment got a wash with tea dye and embossed too.

The flowers were a bit of trial and error I tried making chiffon flowers and after setting light to one or two pieces I did manage to make them but then decided they were too much for the image so had a rethink and used the outside petals with pinched flowers using my Nellie Punches.

Challenges
Sketch Saturday Sketch
Stampin For The Weekend Recipe 3 DP's 2 Flowers 1 Ribbon and Gems or Charms
Delightful Challenges Recipe
Wild Orchids Lace

7 comments:

  1. ohhhhhhh so very vintage. The bears have been perfect for this style of card. Even with the little bit of running of the colour it has only added character to your creation. Vintage cards would have to be my favourite style of card, old and lace and distressed. Awesome work on the handmade flowers. Thanks. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beccy
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges for this week's challenge,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous card Beccy.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely couple of bears.:)) Great card.
    Thanks for joining DC.

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those little bears are darling. Such a sweet sentiment too.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Wild Orchid Crafts.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Thanks for playing with us at Delightful Challenges - good luck! If you are interested, I have blog candy going on right now.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave comments. I love reading them.