Saturday, 30 April 2011

LOTV



I should really have been getting my housework done today, but Hubby had a migraine and went back to bed, so of course being such a kind and considerate wife I forgo the cleaning to do a bit of crafting - well couldnt be making all that noise with the hover could I!

So this is what I did instead, these little cuties are from Lily of the Valley and this is the first time that I have inked them up. The ribbon stamp is also from Lily of the Valley. DP's are Prima the Sparkling Spring collection.

I needed to keep to white and 2 other colours for the Wild Orchid Challenge and as per I picked my papers and then tried to match my copic pens to the butterfly's I didnt have anything that matched the pink so I had a bit of a play and mixed RV00, R83 RV32 and YR02 to achieve the colours I needed. I also used these colours for the edges of the matting.

I had a bit of a disaster though with my gorgeous laser cut heart from Make It Crafty, I first tried to colour with the same pinks but it really didnt look that special, so I found some Rose Embossing Powder which was the Perfect colour, only problem was it was ultra thick and clogged up all me holes duh! Anyways managed to melt it off but it didnt leave the heart looking to pretty so in the end I added glitter to it and it looks OKish.

Flowers are mainly from Wild Orchid.

Challenges
Wild Orchid Challenge White +2 and Roses
Papertake Weekly Sketch
LOTVLove is in the Air

9 comments:

  1. Hello Beccy, I love this little image too. Sooo precious. You showcased it perfectly. Your heart shape is gorgeous. Very sweet.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beccy, I would of done the same hun, you cant make too much noise so crafting is ideal, lol. Love this image, I have to confess I've had this image a while and it still hasn't met ink, but it will. Looks like you rescued your heart, I just so love all the lasercut chipboard pieces. Right, I'm off to see your DT card.
    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Love the image and your card turned out fantastic. "Hugs" Carol Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your adorable card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just gorgeous dear. Thanks for joining us at LOTV

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute card Beccy! Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card Beccy,I love the image and the colours.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beccy what a beautiful card hun! Love what you have done with our challenge...so pretty! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! This is so sweet!
    Thanks for joining the LOTV Challenge this week!
    Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave comments. I love reading them.